Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Favorite Beaches . . .



It's a grey, rainy day here in Virginia, so I've been thinking about my favorite beaches!   I used to live in Florida, so some of my favorite beaches are in "the sunshine state".  If I could be anywhere else today, I would pick Sanibel Island, right off the coast of Ft. Myers in the Gulf of Mexico.

Sanibel has many features that I love about Florida -- white sand, aqua water, colorful flowers and palm trees, bright blue skies, bike paths, and, most important, warm sunshine!



Someday, I hope to visit more beaches in the US and even make it to Hawaii.  What about you?  What are your favorite beaches?  Where do you dream of going?    

2 comments:

  1. Hard to pick a favorite beach- so many have left an impression with me- from Hampton Falls NH to St Simons GA! I have such fond memories of Sea Pines beaches in Hilton Head Island. Going there in the beginning of the islands development to my Honeymoon to going with my family. I love the bike trails, the beaches, watching sun setting over the harbor are all wonderful memories but recently I have loved the very laid back lifestyle of St Simons! More research needed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think more research is needed! I'll gladly accompany you to St. Simons to check things out!

    ReplyDelete